Sunday, March 7, 2010

Final Oscar Predictions

Forgive me for the innactivity, I've been sick all winter and its left me with little enthusiasm or energy to put foward into the blog. However this being Oscar Night, the superbowl of movie awards I must admit that I am inclined to put forth my predictions.

Best Picture: The Hurt Locker
Best Director: Kathryn Bigelow for The Hurt Locker
Best Actor: Jeff Bridges for Crazy Heart
Best Actress: Sandra Bullock for The Blind Side
Best Sup. Actor: Christoph Waltz for Inglourious Basterds
Best Sup. Actress: Mo'Nique for Precious: Based on the novel by Sapphire
Best Adapted Screenplay: Up in The Air by Jason Reitman & Sheldon Turner
Best Original Screenplay: The Hurt Locker by Mark Boal

At this point I am guaranteed to be at least 8/24

Best Film Editing: The Hurt Locker
Best Cinematography: The Hurt Locker
Best Art Direction: Avatar
Best Costume Design: The Young Victoria
Best Make-Up: Star Trek
Best Visual F/X: Avatar
Best Sound Editing: Avatar
Best Sound Mixing: Avatar

At this point I'm 14/24 with the possibility of missing at least one of these

Best Original Score: Up by Michael Giacchino
Best Original Song: The Weary Kind from Crazy Heart by T-Bone Burnett & Ryan Bingham

16/24

Best Animated Film: Up
Best Foreign Laguage Film: A Prophet
Best Documentary: The Cove
Best Animated Short: A Matter of Loaf and Death
Best Live Action Short: The Door
Best Documentary Short: The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant

At this point I say I'll end up 21/24, I'll miss at least one tech award and Foreign Language is up in the air for me. Many insist that the Argentina selection will prevail but a Prophet was too amazing to be passed over. But, hey, what do I know?

No comments: