Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Terry Gilliam and Johnny Depp are returning to La Mancha



Terry Gilliam, aka: The world's most unlucky man, is once again set to return to La Mancha with Johnny Depp to once and for all finish "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote", a film that seems to have been in and out of the works as long as Quentin Tarantino's "Inglorious Bastards".
With Depp on board I have no doubt that the film will find Financial backing, despite Gilliam's troubled record of having movies and/or actors dying on him, but I do doubt how much of a quality work it will be. I for one have never been a huge a fan of Gilliam's, he was the weakest member of the Monty Python troupe, and only a few of his films have even caught my fancy, i.e. Brazil & The Fisher King.
My final prediction: "The Man who killed Don Quixote" if it ever is made will bomb commercially and critically, sending his career into ruin once again, though I honestly hope I am wrong.
Tyler j. Pratt

No comments: